Moving Up to the Next Level

Posted Posted by Lady Bug in , , , Comments 3 comments





 It was 01-July-2012 when, after three months of a no show, I finally get to be visited by Aunt Flow (AF) and never had I thought that I’ll be that thrilled to see her.  At last, I am, once again, back in the track and is all set to board the Trying to Conceive (TTC) Train and continue with my journey.

Though AF always comes with those awful pains, they are now less likely than my previous periods.  Surprisingly, I didn’t get to experience spotting prior to and after her four-day visit.  Yes, her visit lasted only for four days which is so much shorter than she used to.

She came in late in the morning while I was at work and I immediately ran to the Appointment Desk to be able to have an appointment with Dr. ANB the next day.  Unfortunately, I cannot be squeezed in for all the slots have already been filled up but was recommended that I walk in if it was really that urgent.  Of course, it was really an urgent matter for me for I need to be seen on my Cycle Day (CD) No. 2.  I need to start the treatment as soon as possible for I am running out of time!


Persistence Overcomes Resistance!

So I actually did win the battle and was seen by Dr. FY, who covered for Dr. ANB.  The consultation went smoothly and it was indeed enlightening.  Like what I have mentioned in my old post, she was actually pushing for an In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) due to my age but after weighing all the options, we both decided that I initially undergo an Induced Fertilization Process through Clomid.  Well, as far as I can remember, that was Dr. ANB’s plan…

I was told to take three rounds of the said pill beginning of CD2 of the current cycle and should supposedly be seen again on CD12 of the same cycle for monitoring.  Unfortunately, the available schedules don’t match so she decided to only see me again after three months.  But before parting our ways, Dr. FY stressed out that should I be experiencing a very bad abdominal cramping and nausea during Ovulation Time, I must have myself admitted to the Emergency Room (ER) and need not worry much for Clomid will make my body produced more mature eggs.  I was, somehow, pleased with the idea but still worried for I will go forth with the treatment for the next three months unmonitored.


Of Taking Things More Seriously

I finished my first round of Clomid on CD6 and according to the Clomid Ovulation Calculator which I found online, I should start using Ovulation Predictor Kits (OPKs) on CD9 and I am most likely to ovulate in between CD11 to CD16 which brings me more hope and extreme excitement.

Also, I have started charting my Basal Body Temperature (BBT) this cycle and although I only began taking my temps on CD4, I think I get to like doing so.  In fact, I even regret not doing it earlier.

I also learned that Clomid dries up one’s Cervical Mucus (CM) and thins the uterus – one thing that is quite alarming but can easily be reversed by taking Robitussin or any form of Guaifenesin and by Baby Aspirins.  To this, I forced Sir Bug into buying me a Robitussin and some Baby Aspirins.  This is it; I am now taking things more seriously.  I must conceive!


The Waiting Game

Since the Clomid Ovulation Calculator that I’ve found online indicated that I can start testing on OPKs in as early as CD9, I wasted no time and did so.  Unluckily, the test came out to be negative.  I guessed it was too early to test and decided to continue testing until I get that positive.

Today is CD16 and I still haven’t had a positive yet.  Though the lines are getting darker now, I can’t help but be worried and be frustrated.

Adding to all these uncertainties, my chart showed a temperature drop from 36.4°C on CD10 to 36.1°C on CD11 and then back to 36.4°C on CD12-14.  Did I ovulate on CD11?  How come I am not getting any positives on my OPKs?  Did I miss the window?  Or I really haven’t ovulated yet?

Oh this waiting game is driving me crazy!


3 comments:

Jess said...

I took clomid 3-7 and usually didn't ovulate until CD 18. It isn't strange for women to ovulate later on the crazy drug. As for CM thinning, you can also use preseed or conceive plus (I like conceive plus better but had to buy on amazon.com bc no place around me sold it, CVS sold preseed). Keep using OPKs, when they are getting darker, I would start using them 2x a day to make sure I got the darkest one and knew when I O'd. The only monitoring I got on clomid for the 3 months I did it was a progesterone test 7dpo to make sure that I was ovulating on the dose they gave me. First month was 50, then then next 2 I did 100.

Good luck girly!

Lady Bug said...

I think I must misinterpreted the OPK result wrongly on CD16. Must have been a + but I'm not that sure. I've been having those EWCM for a few days in a row and interchanging twinges on my left and right.

By the way, I really am looking into Preseed and Conceive Plus but the thing is, I don't think it's available here in Saudi Arabia. Also tried ordering from EBay and Amazon but, unfortunately, they do not ship orders in my location.

Emily @ablanket2keep said...

I never took clomid without a trigger shot to force me to ovulate and I was monitored with bloodwork and U/S so I'm sorry I don't know how it works. I have seen from others that sometimes you may not ovulate on your own the first round of clomid. Maybe the dose is too low? I have seen a bunch of people stairstep where they go on a second round of clomid to ovulate. I hope you ovulate soon hon.

Post a Comment

Have something to say? I would love to know what's on your mind!