The Moment of Truth

Posted Posted by Lady Bug in Comments 2 comments





It was around 1:00 AM when I was wakened up by the pain where my cut was.  So there it is, I guessed the anesthesia's finally wearing off...

Though moving around aggravates the pain, I still exerted some effort to reach out for the Nurse Call Button and asked for some help.  Soon after, Nurse Sari came in for reinforcement.  I told her about the pain and based on our assessment, the pain can easily be relieved by taking two 500 MG tablets of Acetaminophen which I did so willingly.

The meds must really be fast acting since I immediately fell asleep.

However, after two hours of sleep, I was, once again, this time, wakened up, by a higher degree of pain.  Again, I grabbed the Nurse Call Button and Nurse Sari came in almost instantly.  I told her that the pain is advancing in terms of degree and she gave me a shot of an Injectible Pain Reliever which I think was very effective since I fell asleep instantaneously.

The morning rays coming from the window woke me up at 7:00 AM.  Just in time for breakfast...

Not long enough, two of my Co-Workers came to visit me in my room and joined me for breakfast. My appetite seems to have changed a bit since I was not able to consume a whole piece of the pancake served.  Even though,  I think their visit did helped as I was enjoying the meal and having fun...

It was around 8:00 AM when the two had to bid me goodbye since the Nurses and the Physicians just started their Morning Rounds to check the condition of each patient confined in their Respective Wards.  Timely, as they are about to leave, the Nurse Manager and the other nurses came to me to check my vital signs which were still below the normal range.  Then, Dr. RZ came in to check me and asked for a piece of paper.  This is it, I finally will be able to learn what changes has actually taken place inside of me.

I must admit, I was hoping for some good news but I guessed things doesn't actually work exactly the way we wanted it to...

She began the conversation with the good news of learning that my Right Ovary is very much defined from the Endometrioma which means that I get to keep both of my ovaries.  She also confirmed what I have overheard from the Nurses -- that a Laparoscopic Procedure was initially performed but, unfortunately, the cyst ruptured and they had to proceed to a Laparotomy.  She told me that while doing so, they noticed some small fibroids in the uterus but it wasn't harmful so I need not worry about it.  Also, they discovered that a small cyst is starting to develop near my Left Ovary but Dr. ANB decided not to touch it for they do not see it as a threat.  Furthermore, it was also noticed that though my Left Tube is of a normal size, the Right Tube is enlarged and that another procedure, not necessarily invasive, must be performed after two months to check whether it is empty or blocked.  Moreover, I was also told that they found and removed some adhesions located in the uterus and in the Left Pelvis.

On TTC matters, she told me that I still have to wait for another six months before I can get to try conceiving naturally.  She added that if nothing happened after six months of trying, they might have to give me some Trigger Shots and lastly, recommend that I proceed to either an Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) or In Vitro Fertilization (IVF).

Dr. RZ might have noticed that I am a bit wearisome that she told me to concentrate first on getting well and we'll work on the other matters after two months.  She gave me a lot of comforting words before she left me alone but honestly, I can't actually remember all those good words as I am, once again, hit by the not so good news that I just learned.

I tried my best to relax and not think about what I just learned but I really can't help it.  Well, you can't blame me...  After having been done with one problem, I am now faced with another issue!

Anyhows, I sure am glad and thankful that one problem has already been resolved without costing me some money.  God really is good.  I just need to trust Him.  Let Him guide me through...

2 comments:

Emily @ablanket2keep said...

I'm sorry you will have to wait longer, but like the doc said, you have to take care of you first. Hoping you have a speedy recovery!

Jess said...

Thinking of you! It has been awhile since your update, I hope all is well!

Post a Comment

Have something to say? I would love to know what's on your mind!