The Post-Op

Posted Posted by Lady Bug in Comments 6 comments



From a Laparoscopy to a Laparotomy


After a few hours in the dark, I finally get to open my eyes and the first image to imprint my consciousness was Dr. RZ standing by at my right.  Without wasting a second, I immediately spoke and held her at the hand and asked, "What happened Doctor?".  She held me back, smiled and answered me with these words, "Later...  I'll tell you everything you wanted to know!"  Then I closed my eyes and felt as if my bed was being pushed and moved to another direction.

As I slowly am gaining my consciousness, I started to hear voices believed to be owned by two or three Female Nurses who seems to be talking and grasping their breath while pushing something...

"What did they do to this patient?  What type of operation did they performed?"
"They were initially performing a Laparoscopic Procedure but while on the process of doing so, the cyst ruptured and so they have to proceed to a Laparotomy to clean everything up."
"I think they also have found and removed some adhesions located in the uterus and the pelvis..."

The moving feeling stopped and it was at that point when I gained almost 80-90% of my consciousness and one of the Female Nurses spoke to me to inform me that I will be transferred to the bed beside me and that they may need all the help and energy that I can give to successfully do so.  I must admit, it wasn't that easy but I was able to move and flipped myself sidewards get myself to the other bed.  Then, they fixed me up, checked my vital signs and asked, "How are you feeling?  Any dizziness or a feeling of wanting to throw up?"  I answered, "I feel hungry!"  Then they laughed, fixed the IV Fluid attached to my left hand, told me that I am in a Catheter and that they will order food for me and they finally left the room.

I turned to look on my left and found some Co-Workers smiling at me and told me that they just wanted to check me out before they call it a day.  I looked at the window and noticed that it was already dark outside and, out of curiosity, asked for the current time.  I was told that it was already 6:00 PM and that it'll be better if i get some rest so they all bid me goodbye.

I tried to calm myself but since it was already clear prior to me coming to the Operating Room (OR) that Sir Bug will come to visit me soon after he got off from work, I cannot help but worry why he is still not around.  And since my mobile phone is in my bag which is inside the cabinet, I crawled to get close to the land line phone and dial our home number to check if he's already at home.  Unfortunately, according to our flatmate, he still wasn't home yet and that made me even worry more.

Nurse Sari came to check me out while she was followed by the Food Server whom she informed that I now can be put into a Regular Diet.  Initially, I was served with a Regular Meal but after a few minutes, the Food Server came back and replaced it with a Soft Diet.  It was at that point that I felt really hungry and grabbed the food.  I think I consumed everything up in a matter of three minutes or so...

It was already 7:00 PM when Sir Bug finally came in.  I gave him a hug and a kiss of course!  He told me that  he came straight to my room at around 5:00 PM but did not find me so he proceeded to the Female Ward Information Desk and was informed by one of the nurses that I am still in OR and advised him to come back after two hours which he did.

He showed me the flowers and the chocolates that was on the side table which my boss and colleagues has brought me. We talked for a while and then I remembered that my family way back home might be worried and might also been waiting for some good news so I asked the nurse for my tab for I need to give them a call.

The moment I received the tab, I immediately logged in to Skype and there, as expected, my brother was logged in hoping for some news to come right away.  I made a videocall and was so happy to see both Mom & Dad who were also happy to learn that the surgery went on fine.  We had like thirty minutes of talk while Sir Bug, on the other hand, is also engaged in a videocall with my Mom and Sister-In-Law to update them as well with the good news.  It felt so good inside learning that there are a lot of people that has been praying for you.  I am so blessed!

Nurse Sari, again, came to check my vital signs and while doing so, Sir Bug noticed that my blood pressure was kinda' low.  James and the other Housekeeping Staff Members who also came to visit noticed that my pulse rate, as indicated in the monitor, is kinda' above the normal range so they asked me how am I feeling and I just told them I am fine!

The Visiting Hour is almost about to end and so Sir Bug and the others decided to go.  I was, again, left alone in the Room with Nurse Sari who, for the Nth time, checked my vital signs before putting me into sleep.  She turned the lights off and I closed my eyes...

6 comments:

Jess said...

Yikes! So what all did they find? You poor thing! Thoughts and prayers sent your way!

malou said...

Praying for your fast recovery...take care...

justagirl-Krista said...

Hope all goes well with your recovery and this will all be worth it! Take Care!

Emily @ablanket2keep said...

Sheesh! Cant wait to hear more! Praying for a speedy recovery.

Jess said...

Are you ever going to update? :-P Thinking of you often!

Lady Bug said...

Sorry for hanging you guys a bit. I just am not able to write these past few days for I've been spending so much time in bed but I am well now.

I promise to keep you guys posted no matter how. Thank you so much for all the love and prayers!

Post a Comment

Have something to say? I would love to know what's on your mind!