Surgery Rescheduled

Posted Posted by Lady Bug in , Comments 1 comments

 



I think I was finally over with the frustrations brought about by Aunt Flow’s untimely visit.  I just thought that it would be much better if I look at it the other way around and let not anxiety consume me up – It would be much healthier that way!

I came to accept the fact that it might be God’s will to delay the surgery for He may have planned things to be so much better than how and what I’ve expected them to be.  By this, He opened both my eyes and my heart to see the beauty behind the ironies.

Though only a few knows about my supposedly scheduled surgery, they were all surprised when they saw me at work yesterday morning.  Of course, curiosity was in the air but I am glad that I am blessed with a bunch of intelligent and understanding co-workers that I need not re-tell the situation over and over again in order for the matter to sink into their minds.  They have such broad understanding and their mouths were all gifted with those kind words of encouragements that have really brought me peace.

I also have learned that one of them has actually gone as far as monitoring the Ward’s and Operating Theatre’s Schedule just to check me out and that the other co-worker has also coordinated with the Horticulture Section to prepare a flower bouquet for me.  Such simple gestures have really touched my heart.  I felt so loved!

Unlike the other day, I felt so different this morning while I was heading to Dr. ANB’s Clinic.  I no longer feel that heaviness in the heart and everything seems to be fine now.  I was even surprised to instantly able to get a hold of Dr. ANB who initially rescheduled the surgery on the 31-December-2011 but was opposed by me.  

Yes, that’s right.  It was I who objected!

I told him that it would be so much better if we can reschedule it on 07-January-2012 so that I’ll be able to complete the Department’s Monthly and Annual Accomplishment Reports before I go on leave.  With a smile, Dr. ANB responded with these words, “Your department must take good care of you for you are taking good care of your department.”

Wow, I just had another compliment!  One that is good enough to keep me going...

1 comments:

Emily @ablanket2keep said...

I'm sorry you had to reschedule the surgery, but very happy you are in a good place now. God does have a plan, we may not like it now, but we will see it later. Your office sounds like it is filled with nice people.

Post a Comment

Have something to say? I would love to know what's on your mind!