Hubby's Little Swimmers

Posted Posted by Lady Bug in , Comments 2 comments





I remember one afternoon when I was impatiently seated at my desk, looking at the clock and wishing that time would move a little bit faster.  I just can't seem to wait and get out of work! So, when the clock finally hit five, I immediately logged out and hurried myself out of the building and there...  I was greeted by that warm smile coming from my dear husband who's been patiently waiting for me in spite of the fact that we're running late for a very important appointment

We drove for like five minutes and spent another minute struggling to find a good parking spot. Finally, we found ourselves in front of the Out-Patient Laboratory Reception Area being attended to by a middle-aged tech who handed a sterile container to my dear husband. She pointed her finger towards a door and said, "There, you go collect yours from that room!".  My husband and I looked and grinned at each other and then bargained with the possibility of having to collect the needed specimen from the comfort of our homes.  Well, as expected, the tech disagreed and my poor husband doesn't have much of a choice but to proceed to the Male Toilet and perform his stuff while I stayed outside waiting for him.

With that condition, I know that my dear husband will be having a hard time trying to bring his swimmers out to collect them.  So there am I, caught myself being entertained by watching a medical clip which I have no interest of.  Then, I spent almost thirty minutes of my time talking on the phone and wasted another five minutes walking to and from the hospital lobby.  This is it, I think it's confirmed - he really is having a hard time!

At last, my dear husband finally went out of the room all sweaty.  Poor him!  I handed him some paper towels and pat him dry.  With how he looked at that time, I've figured out that asking the obvious may not help.  So, I just hugged him and walked ourselves outside of the hospital.  It was already in the car when he confessed that it wasn't really easy for him.  I know!

It took us three days before we were able to come back and get the results. Though I don't have a clear understanding of a Semen Analysis Report, the figures seems to be fine with me except for the viscosity thing wherein I have read mixed information from the web.  I admit, I was a bit worried but I know, hubby's swimmers wouldn't be much of a problem than mine.  Anyhows, for those of you with a curious mind, these are the stats that we've got.  

Color : Creamy
Volume : 1.0 ml
Viscosity : Highly Viscous
Reaction : 8.0 (Alkaline)
Liquefaction : More than 1 hour
Sperm Count : 130 million/ml
Abnormal Forms : 20%

Microscopic
Pus Cells : 2-4/hpf
Red Cells : 1-2/hpf
Parasite : NIL
Spermatogenic Cells : 1-3/hpf

Motility - 1 hour later
Markedly Directional : 40%
Moderately Directional : 10%
Non-Directional : 10%
Non-Motile : 40%

Motility - 2 hours later
Markedly Directional : 35%
Moderately Directional : 05%
Non-Directional : 15%
Non-Motile : 45%

Now, whether it is of a good thing or not, all I know is that despite of the condition of how these swimmers were collected, my dear husband was still able to come up with such good figures! 

2 comments:

Jess said...

If you have to do a sa later I highly reccomend (with how close it seems you live) to asking your doctor for a sterile cup and helping him do the deed at home and immediately leaving to drop it off at appointment time. It would be easier on him, and I have read things turn out better (even better woohoo!) When the man is relaxed and in a comfortable setting.

Good luck!

Lady Bug said...

That's exactly the same thing the doc told me. I think, he'll soon request for round of it as soon as we're done with the other tests.

Post a Comment

Have something to say? I would love to know what's on your mind!