Schedule Set for Laparoscopy and Laparotomy

Posted Posted by Lady Bug in , , Comments 2 comments





After three days of hunting Dr. ANB, I, finally, was able to catch up with him and obliged him to prepare an Operating Booking Form for my upcoming surgery.  However, I  must admit that hunting down someone like Dr. ANB whose schedule alone is as busy as a bee was never an easy job.  To add insult to the injury, the hunting was even tougher than I've expected since he is currently covering for Dr. HM.  Just my luck...

For the past three days, I spent at least an hour or so hanging out at the Fertility Clinic with the hope of having to be able to get a hold of the said doc.  My timings might have really been that bad during the first two days for I have never found a single piece nor a shadow of Dr. ANB.  Nonetheless, no matter how busy the nurses in the said clinic were running to and from one place to the other, I was very much entertained and lucky to have all their cooperation and support.  They were all very nice that they even tipped me the other details of Dr. ANB's schedule.


Persistence Overcomes Resistance!

A huge thanks to that philosophy that I was able to endure all the waitings.  I finally was able to seize Dr. ANB and convinced him to prepare the necessary papers.  I told him that I need a definite date for arrangements must be made with regards to my work schedule.  He was really so kind that he made me choose which of the upcoming Saturdays would I want the surgery to be scheduled.  I, of course, after having been able to check "my calendar of so-called social obligations", picked the 3rd Saturday for the Month of December thinking that it would be the most perfect time to be away from work...


Sick Leave On Christmas?

Well, I think it is now time to disclose to you guys that your Lady Bug here is an expatriate who is currently based in a country somewhere in Middle East where Christmases and New Years are treated like any ordinary days.  Here, we don't get to enjoy the same annual festive season that we used to enjoy way back home.  We get to work during Christmas Days!

As far as the surgery is concerned, I think that having the procedure done on 17-December-2011 will be an excellent timing for it shall provide me with a valid reason of taking a short break from work to celebrate a stress-free Christmas with friends and relatives -- Dr. ANB has indicated in the Approved Employee Elective Surgery Application Form that as part of my recovery, he is recommending that I undergo Five Days of Hospitalization and Fifteen Days of Sick Leave.  Just in time for the holidays...  Wow!

If my instincts serves me right, I really do feel that the upcoming surgery is one true blessing that I must be thankful of.  Jitters, of course, cannot be avoided but I am clinging more on hope and optimism.  I wanna stay as positive as I can and I really am hoping that this procedure will lead and advance me to the next level of my journey to conception...

2 comments:

EndoJoanna said...

I am glad you have a date set! I hope this provides pain relief and makes it much easier to conceive!

And sick leave over Christmas is great in my opinion! Cozy blankets, warm apple cider and Christmas movies all the time! :)

Take care! xxx

madhavi said...

i read your blog and found interesting article
Doctor called me today saying I need a laparoscopic surgery?

Post a Comment

Have something to say? I would love to know what's on your mind!